Entry to Derbyshire Open Arts is subject to the following terms and conditions: please read and accept the conditions before paying your fee.
Derbyshire Open Arts Terms and Conditions
We are Derbyshire Open Arts whose registered address is Cromford Studios and Gallery, Market Place, Cromford, Derbyshire, DE4 3QE, United Kingdom. By making an application for participation in Derbyshire Open Arts, the artist is confirming that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Acceptance by Derbyshire Open Arts of this application entitles the artist to one (1) year’s membership of the organisation, which is run in accordance with its Constitution, a copy of which is available for inspection on request. Derbyshire Open Arts reserves the right to decline any application deemed unsuitable for the event at its absolute discretion.
- Only artists showing/demonstrating their work are eligible for a numbered entry in the brochure and on the website.
- All Artists venues MUST be within the Derbyshire borders. No exceptions can be considered.
- Other than any paid-for advertising, each artist will only be allowed the stated number of images and words for each entry. Derbyshire Open Arts cannot accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of any items submitted electronically, and Derbyshire Open Arts will not be liable or responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage to or loss of the items submitted electronically.
Each artist agrees to publicise the event to the best of their ability through social media, including but not limited to the distribution of brochures and any other means available.
- Each artist participating must open their venue to the public on the days they specify and be in attendance during the opening times stated. Although sales are an important element of the event, they are not its sole purpose. Focus should be placed on engaging with the public and showing working methods and techniques.
- All work displayed must be the artist’s own: a non-participating artist may not exhibit at another artist’s venue.
All appropriate fees must be paid in full with the applications. An application received after the closing date, 15th January 2024, will not be considered as valid. An application will not be valid until payment of the appropriate fee is received. Should an artist subsequently decide not to take part in the event, fees will not be refunded after the closing date.
Cancellation by Derbyshire Open Arts
The artist acknowledges and agrees that Derbyshire Open Arts will incur costs in the organising, marketing and advertising of the event, and that incursion of such costs may take place significantly in advance of the event. As such, any refund that may be due to an artist as a result of Derbyshire Open Arts’ cancellation of the event in circumstances outside of its control will exclude amounts required to cover costs already incurred by Derbyshire Open Arts.
- Where Derbyshire Open Arts is unable to proceed with the event for any reason, including but not limited to circumstances outside of its control, the artist may be entitled to a refund as follows:
- For cancellations made prior to or at the time of the closing date for entries into the event, being 15th January 2024, the artist will be entitled to a refund of 90% of the application fees;
- For cancellations made prior to the printing of the brochure, printing occurring on or around 8th March 2024, the artist will be entitled to a refund of 75% of the application fees;
- For cancellations made on the date of or after the date of the printing of the brochure, printing occurring on or around 8th March 2024, the artist will be entitled to a refund of 35% of the application fees.
- Where the event is cancelled for any reason, after the date stated in clause 10c, Derbyshire Open Arts will notify artists in writing as soon as reasonably possibly, explaining reasons for the cancellation and the refund (if any) which may be due to the artist. Any refund due to an artist will be paid within thirty (30) days of the date of cancellation.
- Derbyshire Open Arts will base the production of the brochure and other advertising material on the information provided by the artists in the application. Derbyshire Open Arts reserves the right to exclude, edit or decline any content deemed to be inappropriate or offensive at its absolute discretion. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure all details are correct. Derbyshire Open Arts accepts no liability, direct or consequential, for any errors or omissions in its advertising and promotional material.
Limitation of liability
Derbyshire Open Arts accepts no liability for damage or loss of work, equipment or other property belonging to or in the care of artists or members of the visiting public or for injury sustained by artists, the visiting public or by any other person at the venue of any Derbyshire Open Arts participant, and participants must ensure that a notice to this effect is placed clearly on display at each venue. The necessary insurance is strictly the responsibility of the individual participant and/or venue, and whether exhibiting at their own venue or that of others, artists must satisfy themselves that adequate insurance is in place.
- Where Derbyshire Open Arts is unable to proceed with the event for any reason, Derbyshire Open Arts will not be liable or responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the artist. Derbyshire Open Arts’ sole liability will be limited to its refund policy as set out at clause 10. above.
It is the intention of Derbyshire Open Arts to tour the venues on the open days and take photographs for publicity purposes for this and future events. Each artist is deemed to be willing to cooperate with this unless Derbyshire Open Arts receives a written statement to the contrary before the event. Should there be images of artists’ works included in such photographs, this does not remove copyright of such works from the ownership of the artist. Derbyshire Open Arts also reserves the right to use images supplied by the artists in future publicity material without the requirement for further permission from, or notice to, the artist. The artist agrees that such use will not require licensing fees, payment or royalties of any kind to the artist at any point now or in the future.